Aging in place has always been the preferred option for seniors. Many people find great comfort in remaining in familiar surroundings. While family members may be able to handle some level of basic home care, typically professional caregivers will need to be called in as a loved one’s needs increase.
Needless to say, the process of researching home care providers can feel overwhelming. Choosing a trustworthy provider that employs sensitive caregivers with excellent skills is of the utmost importance.
A good place to begin in your search is to ask friends and family for referrals of providers and caregivers they’ve used themselves. You can also search online for provider reviews and contact the aging council in your community for suggestions. One option worth considering in Basking Ridge, New Jersey, is Fellowship Senior Living’s Helping Hands at-home care services staffed with trained, compassionate caregivers ready to take the stress of care off your shoulders.
Once you have some potential agency names in hand, you’ll want to prepare carefully for the interview process. Assess your needs, write them down, and discuss with your family to ensure everyone’s goals are the same. Next prepare a list of the probing interview questions that can truly help you make the right decision.
To help you work through the hiring process, here are several questions to ask any provider you’re considering for in-home care services:
- How long has your service been operating in the community?
- Can you provide literature about your organization for me to review?
- What is the selection and training process for your caregivers? Do you require background checks and drug screening?
- What credentials do your caregivers have? Do you carry liability insurance and workers’ compensation insurance?
- What if we’re unhappy with a selected caregiver?
- Is your evaluation process handled by a licensed nurse?
- Tell me about your philosophy regarding family and their involvement?
- How do caregivers document care?
- Do you have supervisors overseeing the caregivers’ patients, and how does the process work?
- How do you handle emergencies and off-hours needs?
- Explain your fees for services and how your billing process works?
- What local and state certifications does your company hold?
What Types of In-Home Care Are Available Through Fellowship Senior Living Helping Hands’ Home Care Services?
You’ll discover that Helping Hands, the home care service provided by Fellowship Senior Living can be a wonderful benefit to both seniors and their families who often handle much of the caregiving.
Helping Hands trained caregivers can provide assistance with:
- Activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, and using the bathroom
- Light housekeeping, laundry, and linen changes
- Transportation to medical appointments, shopping and activities
- Medication management
- Periodic health and wellbeing assessments
- Light meal preparation
- And much more
Explore Fellowship Senior Living’s Excellent In-Home Care Services
If you or your loved one needs the attention of a trained caregiver, turn to us. We serve seniors throughout New Jersey through our Helping Hands expert at-home care services. If you’d like to learn more, please give us a call at 908-580-3849.