Hey, it’s time to stop viewing independent living as a downhill turn in your life! Seniors who’ve made the move know that’s the furthest thing from the truth.
The fact is independent living communities are filled with active, vibrant people just like you. The only difference is they made the leap. They left behind the drudgery and responsibilities of owning a home to live the carefree, resort-style life they worked hard to deserve. You do, too.
Below are 10 signs that tell seniors they’re more than ready to make the move to independent living (and never look back!). How many do you recognize?
- You’ve had it with home maintenance. The monthly fee at the best independent living communities includes such services as 24-hour security, housekeeping, interior and exterior maintenance, trash collection, snow removal, and concierge-style assistance to make your life carefree and chore-free.
- You’d like to bring every resort amenity home from vacation. No need to hop a plane to enjoy an array of leisure pursuits, park-like surroundings, indoor heated pool, spa and fitness services, and chef-prepared dining. In today’s independent living communities like Fellowship Village, resort-style amenities are all waiting for you right outside your front door.
- You’ve been dreaming of chef-prepared meals. Ready to put away your pots and pans and let someone else do the cooking? The best independent living communities feature five-star dining programs and multiple dining options. At Fellowship Village, you’ll find choices from fine dining to a casual bistro to our unique Tapas bar lounge – all ideal places to enjoy food and drink with neighbors, friends and family. Now that’s a delicious idea!
- You’d love lock ’n’ leave security and convenience. Go where you want to go and when. Have a car or use the free shuttle. Take a vacation, visit the kids — or have the kids visit you. Today’s best independent living communities typically have rental accommodations where families can stay for short visits.
- You’re looking for new ways to stay fit and active close to home. Residents of independent living communities prize wellness in both body and mind, and the full slate of activities reflects that. From fitness classes and walking trails to massage therapy, special events, and even home safety training, everything to stay fit and active is just outside your door.
- You’d appreciate someone else doing the driving for a change. Whether you choose to keep your own car or not, you don’t always feel like driving. No worries! Independent communities like Fellowship Village offer complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the grocery, doctor appointments, and other conveniences.
- You could fill a calendar with lifelong learning and classes. One thing is for sure, you’re going to need a bigger calendar! Independent living communities are known for offering a full slate of great classes, lectures, films, and so much more. Fellowship Village features an art studio, woodshop and greenhouse as part of their offerings. Whether you want to brush up on an old skill or try something new, living here, you’ll never run out of ways to expand your mind.
- Your idea of heaven is walking to live theater and dinner out. Fellowship Village is fortunate to have a bit of Broadway right on our campus called the Fellowship Cultural Arts Center. This state-of-the-art theater is a premier entertainment venue for the very best in music, theater, dance and the cultural arts. Just steps away from the theater is the 5-star BYOB Terrace View Restaurant, so you can enjoy dinner and a show close to home!
- You’d like to start dating again or just make new friends with people your own age. Of course, there’s no pressure. But there’s also no shortage of friendly, like-minded people happy to socialize and have fun going to in house entertainment and lectures, playing billiards, cards, or enjoying cocktails or coffee together in one of the multiple dining venues.
- You wish you could pare down and start fresh in a bright, modern home. It can be tough to leave the family home, but seniors who’ve done it will tell you it’s also freeing to let go of what you no longer need, whether that’s space or belongings. Today’s independent living communities like Fellowship Village offer beautiful, spacious floor plans in villas, cottages, apartments or free-standing homes. The best part? They never feel like a compromise and always feel welcoming.
Get Ready for the Best Move of Your Life.
There’s no better time to explore independent living at Fellowship Village. We offer the carefree lifestyle you deserve, and a place you can call home for life. In addition to the vacation-like amenities, you’ll also enjoy access to our continuum of care and to our comprehensive medical center, in case you ever need these services.
Ready to learn more? Just complete the contact form and we’ll be in touch with you soon. We look forward to meeting you.