From an unprecedented worldwide pandemic to the election of a new president, 2020 has been a whirlwind of a year. Saying you’re excited about waving goodbye to this year and ringing in a new one may actually be an understatement. The year 2021 may be just the year for you to take that vacation you couldn’t take this past year or check off some of your bucket list items. To set yourself up for a productive, healthy new year, make sure to create some new year’s resolutions.
5 Resolutions for the New Year for Seniors
What would you personally like to accomplish in 2021? Perhaps you want to eat better or exercise more – wherever your priorities may lie, here are some resolutions to add to your list:
- Adopt an Active Lifestyle. You’ve probably heard it a million times, but physical activity is great for you and your overall level of wellness. Incorporating exercise into your everyday routine can help you control your weight, build muscle and bone mass, improve your balance and posture, and even help boost your mood. Even if you simply make an effort to take a walk every day in 2021, you will see improvements in your health.
- Make an Effort to Get More Sleep. While sleep is crucial for people of all ages, it’s especially important for older adults. If you don’t already get between 6-8 hours of sleep every night, you should aim to do that in the new year. When you get an adequate amount of sleep every night, you’ll have more energy, concentrate and focus more, and generally feel better!
- Eat a Healthy Diet. As crucial as it is to eat healthy, it’s always easier said than done. Fortunately, it’s easier to maintain a healthy diet when you know what foods to eat. If you don’t already, be sure to include lean protein, fruits, vegetables, whole grains and low-fat dairy into your diet. Even small dietary changes can help. For example, replace your diet soda with water or trade in your morning muffin for yogurt and granola. Eating healthy will give you more energy to do what you enjoy throughout the day.
- Make a Habit to See Your Doctor Regularly. No matter what your age is, you should make seeing your primary care doctor a normal part of your yearly routine. Seeing your doctor for physicals and wellness checks keeps you on top of your health and can help you mitigate any serious issues. Visit your doctor regularly in 2021, so you can maintain and enjoy a vigorous, active lifestyle.
- Enhance Your Independent Lifestyle at Fellowship. One of the greatest resolutions of all is to cut back on maintenance and enjoy more of life in retirement. If you’re spending countless hours a week maintaining your home and running errands, choose a maintenance-free independent lifestyle. Fellowship Senior Living offers first-class services, amenities and activities all on one vibrant, 72-acred wooded campus. From five-star dining and wellness programming to an array of healthcare services, you can live how you want without the responsibility of maintaining a home.
Experience Vibrant Independent Living at Fellowship Senior Living
At Fellowship Senior Living, we offer a variety of amenities, services and health care options to help you live a comfortable, independent lifestyle. No matter what the future may bring, know that you will be cared for and can age in place at Fellowship Village as your needs change over time.
Ready to live the life you’ve always dreamed of living in your golden years? Look no further than Fellowship Senior Living. Contact us today at 908-580-3840 to learn more about life on our campus.