Some of life’s toughest conversations are inevitable. One of those is introducing the idea of home care to your aging parent. Sometimes, just bringing up the idea of a caregiver that isn’t yourself can cause your parent distress. However, home care provided by a professional caregiver can actually improve your parent’s quality of life and strengthen your relationship with them.
What is Home Health Care?
Home care includes a wide range of special care services that your loved one can receive in the comfort of their own home, making it much more convenient and welcoming than the care your parent would receive in a hospital or skilled nursing facility.
If your loved one is recovering from an illness or injury, home assistance can help them recover, regain their independence and maintain or improve their current level of functionality. If your loved one simply needs assistance throughout the day, home care can help them be as self-sufficient as possible.
Home Care by Fellowship Senior Living
At Fellowship Senior Living, our home care Helping Hands home care service is available 24/7 to Fellowship Village retirement community residents in Basking Ridge, NJ, and seniors who live within 50 miles.
To get started in receiving our home care services, you and your loved-one will meet with our Client Services Manager in-person to determine the type and amount of home care services your loved one requires. Our Helping Hands services are provided on a fee-for-service basis and include:
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Transportation to medical appointments, shopping and activities
- Medication management
- Periodic assessments
- Light meal preparation
- And much more!
J.M of Morristown, one of our home care recipients, appreciates all the care and attention provided by our Helping Hands program.
“The current caregivers are amazing. They’re very professional, attentive, and they really show the interest of my parents’ well-being. They are also funny and have an inter-personal ability to help my parents laugh.”
Read more of our Fellowship resident testimonials here.
5 Benefits of Home Health Care
Home care can truly help your parent live an enhanced, vibrant lifestyle. Here are just some of the benefits:
- Support with Diet and Nutrition. Is your parent getting the nutrition they need? Your parent may not even be aware of the different foods they should be consuming for a healthy diet. A home care health aide can help prepare light meals and ensure your parent is eating a well-balanced diet needed to maintain their health and energy.
- Medication Management. Managing medications and prescriptions can be confusing, especially when your parent is taking multiple medications at once. Home care professionals can help your parent take the correct medications at the correct times to help control their health conditions and prevent harmful drug interactions.
- Caring Companionship. Social interaction has so many benefits for your parent and can help prevent them from feeling isolated or depressed. Home Health Aides can become trusted, devoted companions to your parent as they continue to help them with their daily needs, socially interact with them and accompany them on errands.
- Assistance with Daily Activities. When your parent receives home care services, they can expect unique, meaningful, one-on-one personal care that is designed specifically for them and their needs. This helps build strong, trustworthy bonds between the home care professional and your parent.
- Help with Household Chores. If your parent is struggling with the daily demands of household chores like laundry, vacuuming or doing the dishes, a Home Health Aide can help manage these chores and ensure that your parent’s house is a neat, healthy place for them to live.
Experience Devoted, Personalized Care at Fellowship Senior Living
At Fellowship Senior Living, we understand that your loved one’s comfort and safety is most important to you. This is why we provide a variety of in-home services meant to help them receive the very best care possible without having to leave their home.
Whether your loved one needs personal care, rehab therapy at home or just some help with household chores, Helping Hands offers a variety of in-home services that are available to help them maintain their independence and gracefully age in their own home.
Please contact us today at 908-580-3849 to learn all about the different home services options Fellowship Senior Living can provide your parent. We look forward to speaking with you!