Hospice Care Center in Somerset County, NJ
Fellowship Garden State Hospice is a hospice care center in Basking Ridge, NJ,. As part of Fellowship At Home Services, our hospice care offerings strive to meet the spiritual, physical, social and emotional needs of terminally ill individuals and their families.
Fellowship At Home Services mainly serves individuals residing in the New Jersey counties of Essex, Hunterdon, Morris, Somerset, Union and Warren. Our hospice services focus on maintaining your loved one’s personal dignity by responding non-judgmentally to their individual needs and concerns. Our expert care team strives to provide your loved one with spiritual, physical, social and emotional comfort and comprehensive support that addresses the wellness of the whole person.
Contact Our Senior Hospice Care Center
Let us develop a customized care plan to meet the unique needs of your family. We will provide comfort and care to reduce pain and assistance to live as fully as possible. Our hospice care team offers the following services based on individual needs:
- Nursing care
- Assistance with personal care, meals and light housekeeping
- Social work services
- Spiritual counseling
- Volunteer support
- Nutritional counseling
- Physical, speech and occupational therapies
- Medication to maximize comfort
- Oxygen, medical equipment and supplies
- 24-hour on-call service
- Bereavement support and grief counseling
- Massage therapy (may not be covered by insurance)
Misconceptions about Hospice
- Hospice is not just for the last few days or weeks of life. You or your loved one and your family should ask your doctor whether a curative treatment will work and what impact it will have on you or your family member.
- Hospice is not a “place” — it is a type of care.
- Hospice care is typically delivered in the patient’s own home, Assisted Living or Skilled Nursing.
- The patient may continue to see their own doctors during hospice care.
- The patient need not be homebound to receive hospice care — the goal is to remain as independent as possible.
- Hospice is not a financial burden — services are covered by Medicare Part A, Medicaid and many private insurance providers.
- Hospice will not shorten life — it seeks to improve the patient’s quality of life and allow dying to take place naturally and without pain.
Become a Hospice volunteer
If you have a compassionate heart to help those in their greatest time of need, volunteering for hospice is rewarding in a very special way. Volunteers can work directly with patients and families or support the administrative office.
Compassionate Hospice Care in Somerset County, NJ
To learn more about Fellowship Garden State Hospice or to volunteer, please fill out the form below or call us at 908-580-9519 and we will contact you shortly.